I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Running Before the Snow Flies

Well the weather reports are all calling for snow later today and tomorrow. So instead of doing my run on Sunday, I did it today just make sure I got it in.

Change it up a little, I did 6X 3 mins jog / 1 min walk. After it all said and done, I maanged to go 6.04 Kms with an average speed of 8.2 kph. Not bad for all the walking and the wicked up hill finish.

My new runners have made a huge difference to my feet. I switch from a cushion shoe (Adidas Super Nova) to a stability (Asics Gel 1120) shoe. For over a year I had nothing but problems with my feet. It got so bad, that just to walk across the room in the morning was very painful.

Now that I am back to running, I have not had the pain that I had before. (I hope it stays that way). So if you are running as part of your training, go to a good shoe retailer and buy the proper shoe for your feet. It is well worth the price of the shoes.

No comments: