I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Frozen Lake / Sun Run Training


Well just as I had thought would happen has. I got the email from the coach saying the lake was frozen, and that this weekends practice was tentative.

The good thing this week is that my training program showed up for the Sun Run. I did the run for the first time last year. Man what a rush. Trying to manoeuvre through 50,000 runners, joggers, and walkers. 10 Kms of weaving in and out of human traffic. Running straight, then across the road, up the side walk, anything to pass as many people as I could.

My time was 56:45, which considering the lack of training for it, not a too bad time. This year I am shooting for under 50 mins. The training program is 13 weeks long, and is from SportMedBC. Three sessions a week should not be too hard to manage. (I hope)

No comments: