I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

1st Sun Run Training Run

Well today was the first training run for the Sun Run.

For the next 13 weeks, I will be doing a combination of Learn To Run 10K, and Run 10K Faster programs. I have had some feet injuries so by combining the two programs, I hope to stay injury free.

Today's session was suppose to be 8 x 1 min. jog / 2 min. walk., but I reverse the order and added 1 set. I had to add the set because the loop I was running was longer than the 8 x would have taken me. So I added one more in.

I felt OK jogging, but I am going to have to monitor my feet to make sure that I don't over do it. too soon. That's where the program will help me build me gradually. There are three session a week, so one down, two more to go.

So with the warm up walk, 9x session, and a cool down walk, I went 6.45 Kms. Not bad for the first run in 8 months.

No comments: