I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mountain To Sound Relay Victory



Today our team "Heavy Boots of Lead" came in 17th overall, and 1st in our division.

All team members and our team support, had to handle the hot temperatures, that were rumoured to be in the 90s'.

My personal thanks to all team members:

John Ward - Mountain Bike / Captain
Wayne Halabourda - Road Bike
William Schuurman - Half Marathon
Joanne Wild - Sprint
Daria Kurkjy - Support

This was one of the best racing experiences that I have had. It was a lot of fun with good competition.

Hopefully I will have complete team write ups with pictures of the race soon.

No comments: