I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Easy K1 Practice

Today was a easy K1 practice in my Thunder. There was a slight breeze and a big current by the bridge. I started on the west side and paddled easy all the way to the bridge. As I was crossing from the west side to the east side, I could see the current ripping across my path. The nose of the boat hit the current and immediately turned 90 degrees to the left. That was an eye opener.

Along the east side, the dike blocks the wind, so it was a flat water paddle. So it was mainly a technique practice with a bunch of power ups to spice it up a little. I had time for a couple of laps around the slough before I had to leave.

No comments: