I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

P90X Phase One - Day Five?


Well I just finished Fridays workout of Legs & Back. So I managed to only one day short this week. This gives me incentive to complete all the exercises this coming week. I am going to try and do them before going to work. That means getting up early and doing them.

It is going to be tough getting up at 5 am just to work out, but it is the end result I am striving for. Which means in way better shape and faster as a result in the boat. Of course this will not help my technique in any way, but I will have more power to propel the boat forward.

I am having a tough time with the pull ups. The first sets are ok, but as the workout goes on, I get sweater and sweater, and my hands keep slipping off the bar. I am going to have to use some hockey tape to make it so I don't slide off.

No comments: