I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, October 6, 2008

P90X Phase One – Day Eight


Today was the first repeat week of P90X. I did the Chest and Back workout. This one was a bit of a killer this time for two reasons. First I up the reps, and my abs were sore from the Yoga X I did on the weekend. I never realized how much you use your abs on pull ups, but boy could I really feel it with each rep.

I really went out too hard on the first set, and paid for it on the second. There were a couple of exercises that I did not pass the number of reps on the first set. These were of course the pull up ones.
The push up exercises and the weight exercises, I manage to meet or beat the numbers of reps. By the time I was finished, I was beat. There was no way I was going to be able to do the Ab Ripper X workout afterwards, so I skipped it.

I also found out why you should not do these workouts after eating. I did not think I was going to make it without running to the bathroom. So note to self, do not do these workouts within an hour of eating, or you will pay.

No comments: