I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

P90X Phase One - Day Eleven AM

I did not have enough time to do day ten's workout of shoulders and arms so I did it this morning. So today is going to be a double day.

I am bagged from this workout because I really pushed on it. The max reps from the last time I did this one, was my starting point for todays. I had to pause the DVD a couple of times, once to get in the reps I wanted to do, and once just to catch my breath. By the time I was finished my arms were and shoulders were rock solid. Thank god, there is a cool down, and a hot shower afterwards.

During the few exercises that they go through that has a mandatory 16 reps, I actual did more. What a rebel eh.I would do an extra 4 more reps with each exercise.Even though this only week two of thirteen, I am starting to feel a difference. The weights I am using are getting easier to do at the same number of reps. So I am increasing the number of reps first, and then increasing the weight.

Tonight's workout will be Yoga X, which I am looking forward to. Simply to see if I can do it better than the last time.

No comments: