I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Week Update & P90X


I haven't done an update in a while, between work, family commitments, and getting ready for the B.C. Masters, this week has been a blur.

I have been doing P90X workouts, trying to get ready for day one. I wanted to try each one once, so I have a general idea on what the workouts are.

Friday Sept 19th
Core Synergistics
Ab Ripper X

Saturday Sept 20th
Cardio

Sunday Sept 21st
Plyometrics

Monday Sept 22nd
Chest & Back
Ab Ripper X

Wednesday Sept 24th
Cardio

All of these workout had me sweating, to the point where I was totally soaked.

Some I could push, others I had to back it down a wee bit, and some a had to pause the DVD and catch my breath.

I can't wait to start full time, so I bumped it up a week and will start on Monday Sept 29th.

Also the Burnaby's Technique classes are switching to Saturdays for the rest of the fall / winter. Which means I will actually get to go to most of them.

No comments: