I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

P90X Extreme Workout Program


I have decided that during the “off season”, I am going to really up the level of training that I am doing, both in quantity and intensity. For this reason I have gone with the P90X training program.

I like the theory behind the program, of always mixing it up, to make it fresh. I also like it because it is a total body program. Along with the training is the nutritional aspect of it. My diet is pretty good, but I want to take it to the next level. This means no donuts, strudel, and a reduction if not an elimination of COFFEE. Oh my god, what am I saying.

I am going to start the program full time after the B.C. Masters on September 26th and 27th. The week after will be a recovery week, and then it is back at it. I am going to do the “classic” program. I have already slotted it into my calendar. I can see some gaps that I am going to have to find a way to overcome.

With this training I am hoping to increase my capacity to do harder sessions in the boat.

No comments: