I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, September 8, 2008

P90X Test Drive

Decided to give P90X a test drive to see what all the hype was about. I checked it on you tube, and tried the chest & back video someone had did of themselves. First off, P90X is not for beginners. It is for someone who exercises regularly, and not someone coming off the couch so to speak.

The workout was fairly intense. It involved a lot of push ups and dumbbell work. It went like this:

*Standard Push ups
*Military Push ups
*Diamond Push ups
*Wide Push ups
*Inclined Push ups
*Heavy Pants (which were more like double rows)
*Lawnmowers (which were like pull starting a lawn mower)
*Dive-Bomber Push ups
*Back Flys
*Two Arm Triceps Kickbacks

I these exercises twice with about 15 to 20 reps each. By the time I was finished, I wa pretty much done. My heart was pounding, and I felt bagged. It was great. Can't wait to try another to see what it is like.

No comments: