I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Non Stop Morning Swim

This morning swim was an ok session. Non stop for the entire workout, with either the front crawl or breast stroke. The idea was not to stop, just to keep going. Boy was I tired afterwards. Swimming is very good for building endurance, as well as, functional strength training. The front crawl is very similar to the paddle stroke in the boat.

The right calf muscle is getting better, but still I little stiff. I guess all those two legged, two stair jumps on the weekend helped loosen it up.

No comments: