I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Starting Over

Well the past year has been a bit of a bust, as far as paddling and running is concerned. After getting back from Australia, and suffering from "I don't want to paddle in the cold any more", I managed to little or no training what so ever.

On top of that, I managed to be "un-gainfully employed", which did not help my lack of enthusiasm.

During the past year I managed to do exactly one running race and one paddle race. (Hey at least I was consistent. lol)

Now things have started to come around, and I am looking forward to start training again for next year. I have "spruced" up my blog a little and I am coming up with a list of races I want to go in next year.

Since I am basically starting from scratch, I am going back to my previous training logs, to see what worked and what did not. What can I say, if you don't look at previous logs, then they are basically useless. Well maybe not useless.

So it is time to start on basic endurance training first. This will be a long process of running, weights, and yes paddling. I am also going to start blogging about my progress, as I work myself back into shape.

1 comment:

rainbow said...

Great news Darrell...hopefully this means we'll see you back at BCKC for our Saturday run/paddling sessions...won't be there this weekend as the gang is racing in Maple Ridge...and maybe not next weekend, hoping to go fishing, but we should get back into the routine again soon...I've already got 3 lake runs in my legs from the past 3 weekends.