I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sun Run Training – Week #1 Workout #1

Yesterday morning was really cold. I was wearing a long sleeve and a short sleeve shirt, as well as, a running vest and my running jacket. With the temperature below freezing and the fog it made for an interesting run.

I started with a warm up walk. Good thing because the road was like a sheet of ice. I could feel my feet sliding with each step. Then I just went into a easy pace jog for 5 kilometers. A good start to training for the next 13 weeks for the Sun Run.

This will not be the same as the SportMed BC program. I am modifying it to suit my needs. The first part will be just getting into run training and then I will switch to the Run 10K Faster program.

No comments: