I am a late forties kayak racer. My goal is to compete at the World Masters Games in Turin, Italy in 2013. I will be racing in ICF sprint kayaks. This blog will be my training diary for the next 4 yrs. I use a variety of running, weights, and cross training to hopefully become a better kayaker.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tenderknee 2009 Trail Race



I raced in the Tenderknee 12km trail race last weekend, as part of my cross training.

I managed to come in 18th overall, and 3rd in my age group. I am very pleased with my placing, and not bad for a kayaker.

2 comments:

Tigerkyra said...

Hi. I just looked at the competitor list for the Masters and saw that a D. Pearse is listed as racing in the 35+ mixed K2. Is this you...because I'm racing in that category too!

dkpearse said...

Yes, that is myself and my wife Amber. We are registered to race in the 1000, 500, & 200 meter races. We are going to start training in the K2 next week.

Lately she has been concentrating on rowing, which is her main sport, but we need to get in a boat and start training.

Darrell